Saturday, February 2, 2013

Le Parisien

When my brother commented jokingly to our server that she is too nice to be working at a French restaurant, she replied, “everyone here is nice. And, it’s only my second day, I’ll work on my scowl.” In ambiance, Le Parisien truly feels like an authentic Parisian bistro. Bringing back memories of my travels years ago, “you have to go to Paris,” I told my brother. He rolled his eyes at me. Apparently I was stating the obvious.

The menu offers traditional French bistro food. Although, my choice was a North American invention, still, my Duck Confit Eggs Benedict was divine. My comedian brother commented that it looked like I was “vibrating” after every bite. It came with a choice of hash brown potatoes or salad or both. That’s an easy decision. My brother also enjoyed his Braised Beef Hash, similar ingredients to mine, just a different arrangement.

Being located in West End, notoriously challenged for parking, a big bonus is the free lot out back. You have to go.

751 Denman Street
Brunch hours: Saturday/Sunday: 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
www.leparisien.ca
Photos

No comments: