Friday, January 11, 2013

Lucky’s Doughnuts by 49th Parallel Coffee

For a moment the thought crossed my mind, “Coffee and doughnuts? That’s not really breakfast.“ Then that thought passed. What’s more breakfasty than a Peanut Butter and Jelly Doughnut or a Apple Bacon Fritter with Maple Glaze? I loved these doughnuts. The PB&J had strong peanut butter flavour and the jelly filling was perfect, a liberal amount, not to sweet, not to tart. The fritter tasted like eating pancakes with maple syrup and bacon. Smoky salty sweet.

And my Americano coffee was also alarmingly delicious. I quit drinking coffee over 10 years ago, and this drink just might start my habit again. Now I know why people have been raving about 49th Parallel Coffee for years.

Coffee and doughnuts. Mmmm, breakfast.

2902 Main Street
Breakfast hours (as long as they don’t sell out):
Monday to Saturday: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
www.luckysdoughnuts.com
Photos

1 comment:

In Search of Breakfast said...

This blog does not accept anonymous complaining. If you want to complain, please have the courage to attach your name and contact information to it. Thank you.