Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Bakehouse in Dundarave

Eager to take advantage of our waning winter snow and our emerging spring sunshine, we thought it would be nice to head up to Cypress for a little snowshoe today. This created the opportunity to visit The Bakehouse in Dundarave (so named to distinguish it from the one in Edgemont Village, I presume).

We arrived just minutes before opening and we weren’t the only ones, there were already several other parties waiting. Once inside, we checked out the menu board in line, ordered at the front, and then found a sunny seat and waited for our food. Being a bakehouse, obviously, they specialize in baked goodies, such as breads, scones, muffins, cookies, etc. For breakfast, though, I had the Posh Smoked Salmon Brunch, comprising of smoked salmon, poached eggs, greens, and a dill cream overtop of brioche toast. The word “posh” made me chuckle, as it definitely was a West Van crowd, although the atmosphere was very comfy casual and the food was definitely home-style cooking.

As I sit here writing now, I only wish I had ordered one of the those amazing looking muffins or scones to go. Drat.

2453 Marine Drive, West Vancouver
Breakfast hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Brunch hours: Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Photos

2 comments:

Chani said...

another place you should try: cafe deux soleils, on commercial drive around 5th. I love their omelettes :)

there's a cafe du soleil on the drive too, but I prefer cafe deux.

In Search of Breakfast said...

Hi Chani, thanks for the tip! I'll add them to my list.
Happy Breakfasting!